When you join us a Peninsula Art League (“PAL”) Workshop, Event, or Symposium (“collectively hereafter “Workshops”), you agree to the terms as follows:
On behalf of myself, my personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, spouse, and assigns, I acknowledge that I give up certain legal rights when I register for a Workshop, which includes the right to recover damages to personal property, bodily injury, and any projects left at the Workshop in exchange for the consideration of participating in the Workshop and using the tools and equipment provided at the Workshop. Therefore, I HEREBY:
1. Indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless PAL, its directors, officers, artists, instructors, and volunteers (hereinafter collectively “PAL”), from and against any and all claims and/or expenses of any kind for personal injuries, damages of any kind, and illness (including exposure to COVID-19) arising from participation in Workshops and/or from using tools/equipment at Workshops.
2. Understand that PAL may use my photograph and/or photographs of my artwork in the routine promotion and advertising of its Workshops and on its website without charge or further permission needed. Use shall include but is not limited to being used on social media websites, in press releases, and in other marketing materials.
3. Understand that when I provide my email address at registration, I may be added to PAL’s email list for periodic emails, with an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails.
4. Release PAL from any claim that PAL is or may be negligent in connection with my educational experience, including but not limited to instruction on art making/working techniques, transportation to and from Workshop activities, and maintenance or care of tools, equipment and supplies.
5. Agree to abide by and follow instructions and rules established by PAL (see Workshop/Event Policies) or any of its instructors or agents with regard to safety operations in using working tools or other artistic equipment, including slippery surfaces from paint clean-up or other Workshop activities.